Finance Assistant (Full-Time; m/f/x)
About GRID esports:
At GRID we're engaged to build and mature esports data across our platform. Whether it's recording the first hit on a Roshan, the player location on the pursuit of a bomb plant, or something more familiar like fixture data, our approach is always the same. Disciplined towards a game-agnostic data design, we aim to accelerate the consumption and distribution for our partners and to our consumers respectively.
GRID places itself at the centre of the data ecosystem within esports, bringing value en masse to Publishers, Tournaments, Teams, and Broadcasts. Creating exciting products and initiatives tailored towards making the very most of the rights held data available to us. Our core business works with server data, which is rich, granular, and fast. This is our future, and we're extremely motivated in our pursuit to realise it.
Our culture is our most prized asset across the business, and if you're driven by your own initiative to succeed you'll fit well within the GRID team. We offer a challenge culture that is cloaked in respect and honesty towards our fellow employees. We reach decisions by consensus and logic, together.
Our Finance Team is looking for a motivated and highly organized Finance Assistant to join the Berlin office!
- You enjoy working with numbers
- You are good at prioritizing tasks and you manage your time well
- You are reliable, efficient and trustworthy
- You enjoy admin tasks and have a very strong attention to detail
- You enjoy working with with big Excel spreadsheets and analyzing data
- You look at the big picture and have an understanding of how various business processes are connected
- You consistently and proactively suggest and introduce new ways of working to improve effectiveness
- You are comfortable to work at a high pace and dealing with uncertainty in a constantly evolving environment
- You are able to work independently
- You speak fluent German and English (additional languages are a plus)
For this role you'll need to have:
- Experience working in accounting or administration
- Successfully completed accounting course(s) or apprenticeship
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Business Administration, FACT is a plus
- Proven experience working with sensitive information in administration and logistics
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (especially Excel) and G-Suite
- Experience working with Datev Suite
Your responsibilities will include:
- Preparatory bookkeeping Datev Unternehmen Online – uploading and allocating invoices
- Issuing outgoing invoices
- Setting up payments
- Inventory management (fixed assets)
- Bank reconciliation - monitoring incoming payments
- Distributing payslips and other payroll related documents
- Storing and archiving documents
- Travel cost processing
- Supporting finance team with ad hoc tasks
What we offer:
- A full-time employment with competitive salary
- Possibility to work in home office (and in our Berlin office when possible)
- A great company culture, working with international colleagues who are passionate about what they do just as much as you are
- The ability to see the impact of your work from day 1, solve problems and see what you build put to immediate use
- Flexible schedule that respects your health and time
- Ability to express yourself and the freedom to work independently
- After work game sessions
- An environment where people love building quality software and want to discuss in depth the approaches that allow us to do so
- An open-to-improvement mentality where contribution from everyone is welcome
- A yearly development budget to use for conferences and courses
Help create something new in an expanding niche and enhance your personal and development goals with GRID!
We are looking forward to hearing from you!